1 pie crust – I used Pillsbury store bought
1 pound of elk sausage
1 cup of fresh spinach
1 cup of sliced mushrooms
1 cup of shredded swiss cheese
2 chopped shallots
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup half and half
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare your pie crust according to the directions
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
3. Saute elk sausage, mushrooms, and shallots over medium high heat until sausage is cooked. Let cool
4. In a separate dish combine 3 eggs, milk, half and half, and salt and pepper. Whisk together.
5. Place elk mixture in prepared pie crust, top with half of cheese, spinach, and egg mixture.
6. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
7. Place pie dish on baking pan to catch any run-off. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until top is golden brown.
8. Let cool for 10 minutes.