Difficulty Rating: 0
Consumption Context: A great meal to enjoy with FRIENDS!
I would consider making homemade pizza MULTI-TASKING. You are simultaneously cleaning out your fridge while preparing a scrumptious meal that appears innovative yet down home.
Last night Mark and I had friends and family over for dinner. I wanted to make something that didn’t take too much attention or effort AND I had a bunch of leftover veggies and Antelope sausage. (Lightbulb) Pizza! So Easy!!!
These are the steps I took last night to prepare pizza for eight close friends.
What you Need:
Pizza Crusts – I bought 2 packages of dough and 2 precooked crusts (insurance)
Cheese – I like pizza without red sauce so I opted for Mozzarella and Ricotta Cheese (to add moisture)
Herbed/Spiced Olive Oil – I spread olive oil on the pizza crusts before topping and flavored the oil with garlic, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper
Basil – picked fresh from the garden…just great added flavor
Assorted Veggies – Mushrooms, Zucchini, Red Onion, and Orange Bell Pepper…no longer threatening to host mold in my fridge.
Game Sausage – I used Antelope Sausage here…..but ANY game meat would work as long as it has some good flavor and a KICK!
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Place pizza stone (if you have one) in oven while preheating – you certainly don’t need a pizza stone…but we got one as a wedding present and I really wanted to use it.
3. Bake uncooked dough crusts for a few minutes before topping
4. Add toppings to precooked crusts – Avoid overloading with toppings as that will cause crust to become a little soggy.
5. Bake on either stone or baking sheet until pizzas look and smell done!
6. Pat yourself on the back…that was EASY, PRETTY, and you used GAME!